Friday, August 6, 2010

For the record: I'm NOT old

I had my first physical at the doctor's office today in 10 years.  Oops.  Word to the wise:  Do not wait 10 years...they pull out a different sheet of questions to ask you.  I must have gotten the "blue" list, instead of the typical "yellow" questions.  No one asked me:  "Is there any chance you could be pregnant?"  I mean, isn't that the FIRST question they always ask?  No matter where you go for who knows what?!

Nope...Here's what I got.

"OK...you are 42, correct?" (oh gosh...is this right?  It sounds old...ya, that's right though)

 "Are you still having periods?" (um...YA. Like clockwork.)

"Are you taking hormones?"  (WHAT?!  Um. NO. Am I supposed to be?)

"Look lady, can't ya see the pink streaks in my hair?  I'm young and hip.  Quit asking these ridiculous questions and give me my PAP smear.  Let's get on with it.  And just in case you want to know, NO, I am NOT pregnant...and the only reason I'm NOT is because my husband is FIXED.  For the record."

1 comment:

  1. That's funny! They DO always ask "is there any chance you could be pregnant" Ugh, no... I'm here for you to look at my colon..... :P Sorry they don't ask you anymore, mom.

    ReplyDelete